Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyle Lampton

3 posters

Go down

Kyle Lampton Empty Kyle Lampton

Post by LordHangnail Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:32 am

This is the introduction to a story I wrote. If I can find the rest, I will post it.

Kyle Lampton wasn’t an ordinary kid, far from it. He wasn’t bullied; he wasn’t even viewed as irregular when held amongst his fellow students. To the naked eye, Kyle was nothing more than your everyday high school junior. One could even go as far as calling him attractive. Typically, he dressed himself in jeans and a polo shirt; his eyes were a shade of dark blue with lashes long enough to drive most women into a spiral of envy. However, his eyes revealed nothing of the man that lay inside, waiting for any chance he could get to escape.

To describe Kyle as mysterious would be a devastating understatement. Kyle was an island. He displayed no visible emotion, and his dialogue was hindered by a tone so flat that it was barely audible. Through this, he somehow managed to get along with his classmates. He didn’t have any real friends per se, but those he was forced to socialize with tolerated him, and their tolerance was met with a mutual feeling. From afar, he was ordinary through and through.

After school or on weekends and holidays, while others his age were out experiencing life, Kyle lived in solitary confinement. He would spend his time locked in his room, publishing all of his thoughts in a notebook he kept hidden under a loose floorboard. He kept this book hidden from his parents due to the shocking nature of his work. His usual routine while writing was to place the pen to the paper and let his mind flow. Time and time again, he found himself deeply disturbed by the horrendous images he conjured up.

These thoughts were never forced; they emerged from his mind without a hint of strain, yet these things never occupied his conscious mind during regular day activities, only during his writing periods. Despite this, Kyle would become paranoid after each session. Worried that there was something terrible lurking inside of him, he decided to give up his treasured writing in hopes that it would put this dark side to rest.

With his sole creative outlet gone, Kyle began to feel his desire for life slipping. Writing was the only pleasure he received from life. He wasn’t a particularly good student, and he rarely did his assignments. He had no reason not to; he never had anything better to do, especially since giving up his writing. By this point in his life, the teachers had given up hope on his academic success; if wanted to be an ignorant little fuck and blow his chances, so be it. His parents were naive enough to believe his every excuse as to why his grades were low. “I tried my best” and “I didn’t do it ‘cos no one explained it to me” were favorites of his. He was the driving force behind his scholarly success, and his will was constantly fading.

As quiet as he had been before, Kyle had now given up conversation alltogether. He would spend most of his class time glaring at one fixed spot in the classroom, always ignoring those around him. He was confident that his teachers were indifferent towards his lack of enthusiasm; they knew by now that calling on him for an answer to a problem would only waste valuable class time. Kyle was alone in one of the most populated high schools in the country.
LordHangnail
LordHangnail

Male Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2007-12-12

http://www.metal-observer.com/articles.php?lid=1&sid=5&a=lm&m=13

Back to top Go down

Kyle Lampton Empty Re: Kyle Lampton

Post by Jester Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:34 am

I likey. Alot.

Write more about Kyle, please. =P
Jester
Jester

Male Number of posts : 1136

http://www.myspace.com/tehhippo

Back to top Go down

Post by DeliciousDarkness Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:01 am

Interesting, post the rest of it please! Basketball (I thought this was a "hit refresh" emoticon but on closer inspection it appears to be playing basketball. Let's just pretend, then)

DeliciousDarkness

Female Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LordHangnail Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:21 am

Ah. I can't seem to find the notebook in which I scribed the rest of it. I'll keep looking though. =/
LordHangnail
LordHangnail

Male Number of posts : 507

http://www.metal-observer.com/articles.php?lid=1&sid=5&a=lm&m=13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:07 pm

Good...good.

I stand, awaiting the coming of Kyle Lampton's history.
Jester
Jester

Male Number of posts : 1136

http://www.myspace.com/tehhippo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum