Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anorexia Nervosa - New Obscurantis Order

2 posters

:: MMFE Zone :: Reviews

Go down

Anorexia Nervosa - New Obscurantis Order Empty Anorexia Nervosa - New Obscurantis Order

Post by Jester Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:11 am

Anorexia Nervosa - New Obscurantis Order 8294

Genre: Symphonic Black Metal
Release Date:
October 29th, 2001
Country of Origin: France

Tracklist:
1.Mother Anorexia04:42
2.Chatiment de la Rose05:16
3.Black Death, Nonetheless05:17
4.Stabat Mater Dolorosa07:20
5.Le Portail de la Vierge05:32
6.The Altar of Holocausts05:22
7.Hail Tyranny02:59
8.Ordo ab Chao: The Scarlet Communion06:53

Anorexia Nervosa is a recent discovery in the land of Symphonic Black Metal for me. I tend to not like most Sympho Black Metal, but this band really sticks out to me. They deliver the pure hate and spirit that Black Metal does while adding a certain dark beauty to their music by their choice of symphonic presence. I could talk about how they use different borrowed chords and such until my mind popped, but honestly, you probably don't wanna hear about that, so I'll point out some of the high-points of this album

The first track, Mother Anorexia, gives little in the way of an introduction, and after a few measures of some fast-paced strings, the chaos begins. Its pure Decay and Hate from beginning to end, this album is, and it still retains a manner of musical virtuosity. Stabat Mater Dolorosa is the fourth track on the album and it begins with a very eerie vocal choir led by a female vocalist. Her voice is very strong, as opposed to beautiful, and the background choir sounds to be all male. It gave me shivers the first time that I heard it, but its beauty is quickly interrupted by the vileness that is Anorexia Nervosa. This song is, by far, my favorite by the band, and I recommend it highly. The Altar of Holocausts is a wonderful track, and one that leaves me with a distinct taste of filth and decay after it fades out. One of my favorite 3 minutes of the album fall in the track, Hail Tyranny. It is a completely instrumental track involving nothing but a piano, and it sounsd amazing. I love it, and the way that it fades into the final track (Ordo ab Chao: The Scarlet Communion) is pure awesomness, and the last minute of that song is chaotic.

I don't like to refer to bands in context to other bands, but this band is, in my opinion, an equal to Emperor when it comes to this album. Anorexia Nervosa is, to me, a "heavier" version of Emperor. I love both bands, and they're both equal in my books, but lately Anorexia Nervosa has been listened to more than most other bands.

I give this album a 94% rating, and recommend it to fans of Emperor's "Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk" and "Under the Nightshade Eclipse".

(Also...positive or negative feedback is appreciated)
Jester
Jester

Male Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2007-12-12

http://www.myspace.com/tehhippo

Back to top Go down

Anorexia Nervosa - New Obscurantis Order Empty Re: Anorexia Nervosa - New Obscurantis Order

Post by Loke Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:13 am

Anorexia Nervosa is a recent discovery in the land of Symphonic Black Metal for me. I tend to not like most Sympho Black Metal, but this band really sticks out to me. They deliver the pure hate and spirit that Black Metal does, while adding a certain dark beauty to their music by the choice of a symphonic presence. I could talk about how they use different borrowed chords and such until my mind popped, but honestly you probably don't wanna hear about that, so I'll point out some of the high-points of this album instead.

The first track, Mother Anorexia, gives little in the way of an introduction, and after only a few measures of some fast-paced strings, the chaos begins.
It's pure Decay and Hate from beginning to end, and it still retains a manner of musical virtuosity. Stabat Mater Dolorosa is the fourth track on the album and it begins with a very eerie vocal choir led by a female vocalist. Her voice is very strong, as opposed to beautiful, and the background choir sounds to be all male. It gave me shivers the first time that I heard it, but its beauty is quickly interrupted by the vileness that is Anorexia Nervosa. This song is, by far, my favorite by the band, and I recommend it highly.
The Altar of Holocausts is a wonderful track, and one that leaves me with a distinct taste of filth and decay after it fades out. One of my favorite 3 minutes of the album fall in the track, Hail Tyranny. It is a completely instrumental track involving nothing but a piano, and it sounds amazing. I love it, and the way that it fades into the final track (Ordo ab Chao: The Scarlet Communion) is pure awesomness, and the last minute of that song is chaotic (which of the songs? ed.).

I don't like to refer to bands in context to other bands, but in my opinion this band is an equal to Emperor when it comes to this album. Anorexia Nervosa is to me, a "heavier" version of Emperor. I love both bands, and they're both equal in my books, although lately Anorexia Nervosa has been listened to more than most other bands.

I give this album a 94% rating, and recommend it to fans of Emperor's "Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk" and "Under the Nightshade Eclipse".

Need i say it? Detail!
Also, I wonder how you guys come up with these percentage numbers. Like. Why 94%? Why not 93, or 95?

Loke

Male Number of posts : 572

Back to top Go down

Anorexia Nervosa - New Obscurantis Order Empty Re: Anorexia Nervosa - New Obscurantis Order

Post by Jester Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:47 am

I wrote it in a hurry, so I don't even think its good. hahaha

In my head, I subtract percentage points for certain things, but I don't write it down.
Jester
Jester

Male Number of posts : 1136

http://www.myspace.com/tehhippo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: MMFE Zone :: Reviews

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum