Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Max Cavalera calls Killswitch Engage gay

+5
Headbanger
CradleOfFish
metalmaniac37
LordHangnail
Fenix40
9 posters

Go down

Max Cavalera calls Killswitch Engage gay Empty Max Cavalera calls Killswitch Engage gay

Post by Fenix40 Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:01 am

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=90554

Now I dont want to turn this into a whats metal and whats not debate so lets not.

Buuut

Where the hell does he come off doing that? Considering this is that man that A. Collaberated with Fred Durst. B. Was in one of the biggest nu metal bands of the genre. C.IS ON THE SAME FUCKING LABEL AS KILLSWITCH.

Thoughts?

Fenix40

Male Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Max Cavalera calls Killswitch Engage gay Empty Re: Max Cavalera calls Killswitch Engage gay

Post by LordHangnail Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:07 am

'If that's what the scene is about, hey fuck it, it ain't got nothing to do with me."

Good riddance. He's a douchebag, hasn't done anything of worth in god knows how long, and the scene don't need him. I'd take a Killswitch album over antything he's put out since early Sepultura.
LordHangnail
LordHangnail

Male Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2007-12-12

http://www.metal-observer.com/articles.php?lid=1&sid=5&a=lm&m=13

Back to top Go down

Max Cavalera calls Killswitch Engage gay Empty Re: Max Cavalera calls Killswitch Engage gay

Post by metalmaniac37 Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:01 am

I think it's kinda shitty when an icon (let's face it Max is an icon in the metal world) talks badly about a newer band, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
metalmaniac37
metalmaniac37

Male Number of posts : 706

Back to top Go down

Post by CradleOfFish Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:23 am

So Soulfly is considered one of the biggest nu metal bands? Unless you are refering to another band I never heard of. Cause I didn't think Soulfly was nu metal at all. I only know of two bands Max was or is in Sepultura and Soulfly. What other bands has he been in? Plus I never knew he done anything with Fred Durst! Damn that made me lose all respect I had for him (Not the calling KE gay but the Fred Durst thing).
CradleOfFish
CradleOfFish

Male Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Headbanger Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:45 pm

My respect for Max just grew.

Hail trve metal
Headbanger
Headbanger

Male Number of posts : 888

Back to top Go down

Post by vanguardjazz Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:39 pm

Soulfly was nu metalesque in some riffs and songs and whatever the fuck...the first album had quite a few similaritys

also "lolgay" at both max and killswitch

Edit: i actually do dig soulfly a tid bit for the brazilian shits in it, and also killswitch isnt tha worst metalcore band...etc.

Edit Again: Max is bouta get "bumba" on some killswitch
vanguardjazz
vanguardjazz

Male Number of posts : 111
Location : renovating households since the 1930's, you can count on us
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by metalmaniac37 Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:26 pm

CradleOfFish wrote:So Soulfly is considered one of the biggest nu metal bands? Unless you are refering to another band I never heard of. Cause I didn't think Soulfly was nu metal at all. I only know of two bands Max was or is in Sepultura and Soulfly. What other bands has he been in? Plus I never knew he done anything with Fred Durst! Damn that made me lose all respect I had for him (Not the calling KE gay but the Fred Durst thing).

yeah, I think he collaborated on a song with Fred Durst on one of the soulfly albums, he also did a song with Corey Taylor of slipknot on a soulfly album.

Don't forget Max was in Nailbomb.
metalmaniac37
metalmaniac37

Back to top Go down

Post by darkreif Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:59 pm

My opinion:

This is not very classy for Max to say that. Not at all. I am not a big KSE fan either though. And having him say it doesn't help.

Soulfly had a lot of Nu Metal elements I thought. Heavy bass structures, simplistic guitar riffs, a lot of rap elements (Fred Durst). But Soulfly has gotten better over the years, with the help of Marc Rizzo who may be one of the best new guitar players out there despite his list of previous bands. But Soulfly was unique and I'll give him that.

I received the new Cavalera Conspiracy from a friend not to long ago - and it sounds like old school thrash with a modern twist. And it is an absolutely killer album. So the guy still has it in him. Awesome new album.
darkreif
darkreif

Male Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by unrealbe Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:34 pm

You got to respect the man for early sepultura. Killswitch can't top it. I wouldn't call them gay, but if you have to pick the most metal one, Max > KSE. I guess he knows that. And I think his biggest problem (as in the extract of the interview) is not that they are really gay but they can't bring it live.
He apperently is a metal purist who does not want to check out new things, but thats fine by me. He is a legend.
unrealbe
unrealbe

Male Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LordHangnail Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:07 pm

They are quite the entertaining live act from what I've seen.
LordHangnail
LordHangnail

Back to top Go down

Post by darkreif Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:19 am

LordHangnail wrote:They are quite the entertaining live act from what I've seen.

KSE? Or Max and his various bands? I haven't seen any of them live so I guess my two cents is spent. Very Happy

I like a few KSE songs here and there sometimes when I'm in the mood. Calling them 'gay' goes a little far. Though.

And yes, early Sepultura is fucking amazing. BENEATH THE REMAINS!
darkreif
darkreif

Male Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by metalmaniac37 Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:41 am

I got to see soulfly last year, really good show.
metalmaniac37
metalmaniac37

Back to top Go down

Post by LordHangnail Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:03 am

darkreif wrote:
LordHangnail wrote:They are quite the entertaining live act from what I've seen.

KSE? Or Max and his various bands?

KSE. I've never seen any live footage of Max. All I know is most of what he's put out doesn'tevoke any sentiment from me; it's just not stuff that I enjoy.
LordHangnail
LordHangnail

Back to top Go down

Post by Headbanger Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:46 pm

I agree with Max. I've seen live stuff from KSE and also from Soulfly and Sepultura. KSE has alot to learn before they get anywhere near that.
Headbanger
Headbanger

Male Number of posts : 888

Back to top Go down

Post by DB123456 Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:59 pm

Pot, meet Kettle.

DB123456

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-01-24

http://www.globalapathy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CradleOfFish Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:42 am

I have seen KSE live (it was a good show, not a big fan but they were good) haven't seen any Max live, but if he thinks they are gay more power to him. Doesn't make it a true statement just his opinion. I like KSE so I don't agree with Max on that but I like old Sepultura and what I have heard from Soulfly (and thanks to someone else I forget who, Nailbomb, forgot about them. Didn't they have like just 1 album and maybe an ep?). I also agree Max's Sepultura kicks ass over KSE but still.
CradleOfFish
CradleOfFish

Male Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by metalmaniac37 Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:48 am

yeah, Nailbomb had 1 album (Pointblank), and a live album (don't remember the name atm), maybe an ep (not sure).
metalmaniac37
metalmaniac37

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down